It is our staff's mission to provide the highest quality respiratory care and promote wellness throughout our community. All of our Staff Therapists are licensed by the State of Georgia with maintenance of licenses and certifications in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). In addition, our staff is either a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) in affiliation with the National Board of Respiratory Therapists. We are all members of Union General Hospital's "Rapid Response Team", which performs immediate patient assessment in the event of an acute change in observed status.
Our Pulmonary Lab is state of the art. The lab can measure:
- pre- & post-medication testing
- bronchodialtor overlays
- flow volume loops (forced vital capacity)
- lung subdivision (slow vital capacity)
- maximum voluntary ventilation
- lung volumes determination (N2 method)
- gas distribution
- closing volume
- diffusing capacity-single breath and diffusing capacity-intrabreath
Introducing the Vmax (TM) Encore PFT System
The Complete Pulmonary Function Testing System
BETTER BREATHERS CLUB
MEETS THE FIRST WEDNESDAY EACH MONTH @ 1PM,
2nd Floor Breakroom
We now offer a FREE community service in close affiliation with the American Lung Association. Its role in the community is to offer patient-centered, community-based educational opportunities and support to persons with chronic lung disease. No appointment necessary!
today to learn more about how we can help you or a loved one breath easier!
Union General Hospital
35 Hospital Rd
Blairsville, GA 30512
Central scheduling at 706-439-6450 for cardiac support testing including EKG and Holter and Event Monitors
- Director: Charles DeFrancesco, BS, RRT, RABT. Facilitator for the American Lung Association.
- Hours of Operation: The Pulmonary Laboratory is open from 9AM - 5PM by appointment. The Respiratory Therapy Department provides care to patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Pulmonary Lab appointments can be made by calling (706) 439-6436
Chatuge Regional Hospital
110 S Main St
Hiawassee, GA 30546
- 5 Respiratory Therapists with over 100 years of experience
- Inhalation medication treatments, educational consulting, lung function tests, life-saving airway / mechanical ventilation management, and supplemental oxygen delivery
- Therapist are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We strive to provide excellence through highly professional and qualified staff and use quality assurance measures and continuous improvement indicators to deliver the best respiratory care possible.